Flammable Liquid Steel Storage Cabinets
Our Flammable Liquid Steel Storage Cabinets are designed to help businesses comply with strict Health & Safety regulations when storing flammable liquids in the workplace.
Our range of high quality Flammable Liquid Storage Cabinets have been designed to comply with HSG51 – The Health & Safety Executives Guidelines For The Storage Of Flammable Liquids and DSEAR ACoP L136 paragraphs 94-96 – Dangerous Substance & Explosives Atmosphere Regulations 2002.
All internal use flammable liquid storage cabinets are manufactured in 0.9mm and 1.2mm mild steel providing a fire resistance of 30 minutes, with fully welded seams throughout, doors are reinforced to prevent distortion and are fitted with a two point locking handle with two keys.
The cabinets also comply with the Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquid Gases Regulations, Section 5 (1.D) and the guide to regulation No. 5 (17), together with the Factory Inspectorates Certificate of Approval No. 1 parts 3 and 4.
All materials used to manufacture our cabinets and bins are in accordance with BS476 parts 20 and 22 to give a 30 minute fire resisting structure.
We sell a range of storage cabinets should the Flammable Liquid Steel Storage Cabinets not fit your requirements – see Hazardous Substance Cupboards
If you have any questions, please contact our sales team for FREE advice before you purchase a product.
- Range of sizes and door configurations
- Cabinets are constructed in 0.9mm or 1.2mm mild steel
- Fully welded seams throughout
- Reinforced doors to prevent distortion and fitted with a two point lockable handle
- Adjustable shelves with 25mm pitches and act as a 25mm deep spill tray
- Built-in spillage sump, which is not removable. Spillage sumps have a depth of 50 – 150mm depending upon the size of the cabinet
- Highly visible polyester powder coated in yellow
- Supplied with Highly Flammable warning labels
- Complies to the guidelines set out in the HSG51 Storage of Flammable Liquids
- Made in the UK
- Note: 30 min fire rated but not explosion proof
The Flammable Liquid Steel Storage Cabinets comply with the following regulations:
DSEAR ACoP L136 paragraphs 94-96 (Dangerous Substance & Explosive Atmosphere Regulations 2002 – Approved Code of Practice) along with Appendices A & B and paragraph 104 detail the performance requirements for fire resisting cupboards and bins
Highly Flammable Liquids and Liquid Gases Regulations, Section 5(1.D) and the guide to regulation No. 5(17), together with the Factory Inspectorates Certificate of Approval No. 1 parts 3 and 4.
They do not specify an absolute test, or standard, for the cabinets or bins, rather they relate to the nominal construction principles. Namely:
- The materials used to form the top, bottom, sides, doors, lid and back provide a fire resistance of 30 minutes
- All joints at corners should be free from openings or gaps
- Doors/Lids should be close fitting to the frame of the cabinet/bin such that there is a nominal overlap between the frame and lid/doors in their closed position
- That all materials used in the construction of the cabinet/bin should have a melting point greater than 750°C